Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced potatoes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat, until no longer pink, drain fat.
- Stir together soup, milk, onion, salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Place half of potatoes in prepared casserole, top with half of soup mixture, then with half of sausage. Repeat layers, ending with sausage. Dot with butter.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours util potatoes are tender. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake until melted and bubbly.
I made this for dinner last night. I substituted thawed Oreida country style hash brown potatoes. Saves prep time & cook time. I baked it for about 45 minutes. My family enjoyed it very much. Its a keeper!