Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A good, hearty, stick to your ribs country meal. The cheese makes it extra rich. A perfect Fall or Winter meal.
- 1 lb country sausage
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown sausage and onion until sausage is cooked completely. Drain.
- In bowl, mix soup, milk, salt and pepper.
- In 9x9 casserole dish, layer half of the potatoes, pour half of the soup mixture on top, then half of the cheese, and half of the sausage. Repeat. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil. Sprinkle top with a little cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine, The Best of Recipes, and wanted to say it is very good. Thank you for posting it.
I have used your recipe twice over the holdiays and my family loves it! I made it first with the sausage and the second time with left over ham from our Christmas Day dinner. Both times I used a 1lb bag of hash browns to make it easier - because I'm pretty lazy! It was delicious. Thank you so much for publishing! Rebecca