Recipe by funthymecookin'
Found this recipe in an old family cookbook. I jazzed it up and trust me...it is a yummy for the tummy recipe!
Top Review by J-Lynn
I'll withhold stars because I didn't follow the recipe. Trying to lower the fat content, I used 1 less egg and a lot less cheese. I also cooked the potatoes a little too long, and some of them 'mashed' more than 'shredded'. The result was a very dry casserole.
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage (cooked & drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 medium potatoes (boiled with or without skins)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 1 1/2 Quart Casserole Dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of dish with cooked breakfast sausage.
- Grate 3 potatoes with hand grater (use larger holes on grater) *** You may leave skins on or off. Layer potatoes on top of sausage.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
- Beat 3 eggs and pour evenly across the top of prepared dish.
- Sprinkle top with Paprika, Parsley and season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked (casserole won't wobble!).
- Variations: You may wish to cook a diced onion and red pepper in with the meat for added flavor or use ham instead of sausage. This is a fun recipe to play with.