Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of hubby's favorite meals--for dinner, or for breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat butter in lg skillet; saute mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and onions and cook and stir until sausage is done.
- Stir in flour; cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk; cook and stir until blended well.
- Add potatoes; heat until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands).
I used a 12 oz tube of Jimmy Dean sausage and 2 large baking potatoes, microwaved, peeled and cubed. Made enough for also breakfast the next day. Really good. Husband says \
We love sausage gravy over our biscuits so I thought I would try this as something a little different. Wow, it was just sooooo good. A rich creamy sauce with sausage and vegetables that went together very well. Thanks Inez. Your recipes as the best.