Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is one of my mom's favorites. Its nice because it has meat, potatoes and veggies all in one dish, and its tasty!!!
- 1 lb potato, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 1 green pepper, cleaned out, and sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1 red pepper, cleaned out, and sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel seed
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot, whichever you prefer)
- parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place veggies in a single layer on shallow roasting pan; do not crowd them or they won't brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with spices to taste.
- Roast the veggies stirring once or twice for about 20 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the veggies. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until done.
- Serve hot.
- if the veggies seen like they're cooking too fast I take them out and add themback in after the sausage is done.
Very tasty! Forgot to check on it halfway through baking and it killed the veggies a bit (but not the potatoes) and only browned one side of the sausage. Don't forget to check on it like I did. :)
This was delicious, but VERY OILY!! Next time I will cut way back on the oil. Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
this turned out quite yummy - i like the spice combination. i used a back of frozen fajita mix - peppers and onions (since i was being quite lazy). thanks for posting