Recipe by misskris3780
This recipe is one of my mom's favorites. Its nice because it has meat, potatoes and veggies all in one dish, and its tasty!!!
Top Review by Calophi
Very tasty! Forgot to check on it halfway through baking and it killed the veggies a bit (but not the potatoes) and only browned one side of the sausage. Don't forget to check on it like I did. :)
- 1 lb potato, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 1 green pepper, cleaned out, and sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1 red pepper, cleaned out, and sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel seed
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot, whichever you prefer)
- parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place veggies in a single layer on shallow roasting pan; do not crowd them or they won't brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with spices to taste.
- Roast the veggies stirring once or twice for about 20 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the veggies. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until done.
- Serve hot.
- if the veggies seen like they're cooking too fast I take them out and add themback in after the sausage is done.