Recipe by NewHopeDMN
This is a recipe I've been making since I was like 10 years old. I got it from a neighbor in TN.
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces soup can water
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 20 ounces shoestring French fries
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion in a skillet.
- Mix soup, water, and cheese in a pan on stove until the cheese melts.
- In long baking dish spread out the french fries.
- Pour soup mixture over fries.
- Sprinkle sausage and onions over fries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minute.
- When almost done sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and finish baking.