Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very simple little recipe and it is revised from one of my favorite cookbooks More-With-Less Cookbook. I quite often double the ingredients, but not the sauce. I hope you will like it.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 large potatoes or 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a medium sized casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Remove sausage meat from casings and divide into bite sized pieces.
- Place meat, potatoes and apples into dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over contents in baking dish.
- Bake covered 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
Perfect. I also added a sliced onion which seemed to work well with the potato and apple.
Delicious and so perfect for an autumn evening. I used sweet potatoes and regular potatoes and I added the chopped onion that other reviewers have suggested and I cut the sugar in half. The sausage I used was chilli and coriander and it gave this a wonderful bite. I might add a tiny bit more salt next time but otherwise, really delicious.
This is comfort at it's best. Made using mild Italian sausage and half of the ask for sugar (Splenda actually). This comes together in a jiffy using the food processor to do the slicing and not needing to cook the sausage first. Still the best part is the flavor you get, it's so yummy that you just don't want to stop eating it. DH also put up 5 fingers. :D