Recipe by Mrs. Ed
My helpful hubby bought a 10lb. bag of Vidalia onions from a traveling onion salesman - no, really! So I had to start using them up, and came up with this. I used hot sausage, but you can use whatever you like.
Top Review by kstrating
I was looking for something quick to make with sausage & ran across this. Strangely, I too, have that 10# bag of Vidalia Onions (I know, I know...), gift from my parents who live in the "Valley". I was worried this might be a little bland, but with spicy sausage, it was great - Rave reviews from DH & DD. I used Cm of Mushroom, rather than Cm of Chicken soup.
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions in a greased casserole dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the potatoes next, followed by the cheese.
- Top with the cooked, crumbled sausage.
- Mix the soup with the water and pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for about an hour, or until the potatoes are done.