Recipe by kitttheory
Creamy comforting soup chock full of vitamins!! This is how I've made it, but I'm sure you could use chicken stock or broth instead of chicken base...and half and half or cream or milk in place of the evaporated milk...
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 6 potatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 6 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 bunch kale, chopped, stems removed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- brown the sausage in a dutch oven or large soup pot.
- add onion and garlic and saute until onions are opaque
- add potatoes.
- add chicken base.
- cover ingredients with water.
- add evaporated milk, cover.
- cook on medium until potatoes are tender.
- add kale, cover and simmer on low 5 minutes.
- add salt and pepper to taste.