Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is definitely a hearty breakfast that is relatively quick to put together. It makes a great little brunch dish, served with a salad, some spiced juice, and a variety of fresh fruit.
Top Review by CoffeeB
This made a wonderful brekky for supper. I do that quite often and this fit the bill nicely. A very filling and satisying supper for DH and DS. I did mine in a cast-iron skillet that browned things up nicely. My potatoes took 1/2 hour to fry up, but other than that, the directions were easy to follow and spot on. Made for HolidayTag.
- 453.59 g bulk breakfast sausage
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml sliced peeled russet potatoes, 1/4-inch slices (about 1 lb.)
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- 118.29 ml diced swiss cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 5 large eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage into 10-inch nonstick skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove sausage with slotted spoon to medium bowl; discard all but 1 T. drippings.
- Stir onion into skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and stir to coat with drippings. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 6-10 minutes. Turn potatoes with spatula. cover and cook until edges brown and potatoes are tender, 6-8 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pepper and arrange potatoes evenly in skillet. Sprinkle with layer of sausage, then layer of cheese.
- Beat eggs with milk and carefully pour over mixture in skillet. Cook covered over medium heat until eggs are set, 12-15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.