Recipe by MsPia
Serve this dish with mashed potatoes; the combination of the sauce and potatoes is delicious.
Top Review by laurieholdsworth
This is an excellent recipe! I followed it as written and served it over mashed potatoes. Wow! My husband and I loved it. I will definitely cook this again and again. Just a side note: Zinfandel wine goes very well with this dish.
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 onion, cut in halves and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, julienne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 laurel leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sausages in water for 5 minutes to get rid of some fat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, and bouillon and laurel leaf. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for 20 minutes.