Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was wanting a Sausage Pizza,but I didn't have the ingredients to make a crust.So, I was looking through my cabinets, and found a box of scalloped potatoes and came up with this recipe.Please feel free to add more of your favorite pizza toppings. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.Submitted to "ZAAR" on December 28th,2008.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat add pork, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook until pork is no longer pink and the veggies are tender.
- While pork/veggie mixture is cooking, boil water for potatoes.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, seasoning packet,garlic powder,and 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour boiling water over ingredients in bowl,add milk and margarine.
- If needed, drain pork/veggie add to potatoes.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 more minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Let stand for 10 more minutes, so sauce can thicken.
- Enjoy :).