1/2 Photos of Sausage Pizza Soup
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
If you are a soup person like me, you're always on the lookout for new things to try. Well, here's a new one on me too! It's a delicious way of low-carb pizza eating. The noodles are a great sub in for the crust, especially if you use whole wheat noodles. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that. If you're not low-carb'n it, whip up some bread sticks or garlic bread to serve along side this. Oh, if sausage or any of the other "pizza toppings" aren't to your liking, sub in your favorite pizza toppings such as pepperoni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir tomatoes, broth, water, tomato paste, onion, pepper, and mushrooms into sausage. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 10 minutes or until green peppers are tender.
- 3Stir in the pasta. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- 4Serve topped with cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Pizza Soup
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 2645.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 32.4 g