Recipe by bullwinkle
I got this recipe in High School Home Ec. class mannnnny years ago. I only eat it on crackers never have tried it on the french bread. Preparation and cooking time are a guess.
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, cheesed grated
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 40 saltine crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape sausage by teaspoonfuls.
- Cook over medium heat until pink is gone.
- Pour off any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and crackers.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Spread on crackers.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350* oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Pizza mix may be stored in refrigerator 2 to 3 days before serving.
- French bread may be substituted for crackers.
- Slicing lengthwise before spreading with mixture.