1/1 Photo of Sausage Pizza Pie
Kind of like a quiche, but has the flavors of pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Lightly grease/spray a pie dish.
- 3Unroll crescent dough and scatter triangles in the pie dish. Spread dough around bottom and halfway up the sides with fingers and press seems together to form a crust in the pie plate; set aside.
- 4In a skillet, brown the sausage with the garlic, onions, and green pepper. Cook, breaking up sausage with a spatula until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- 5Place cooked, drained sausage mixture over crescent dough crust.
- 6Top with the drained mushrooms.
- 7Evenly pour the tomato sauce over top.
- 8Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 9In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, oregano, basil and salt (to taste). Evenly pour over cheese.
- 10Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Pizza Pie
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 907.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls