This is a super recipe, taste similar to a pizza. I am sure you will enjoy this as much as we do.
Make and share this Sausage Pizza Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed (I like spicy sausage)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce (can use more to taste)
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown sausage in skillet; drain any excess fat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, seasoning and garlic; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Top each muffin half, with about 2 tablespoons or meat sauce then top with shredded cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts, and filling is hot.
- Serve immediately.
These were so loved by the family Carol. What's better than pizza than pizza buns. I omitted the mushrooms and green pepper, but did throw in a sprinkling of redhot chili flakes. For the tomato sauce I used your Kittencal's No-Cook Pizza Sauce or Marinara Dipping Sauce. A perfect light supper. Made for KK's recipetag game. :-)