- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casing. In a large frying pan, brown sausage in oil with onion, garlic, and fennel seed. Cook sausage is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain all liquid from pan.
- Add tomatoes (undrained), parmesan cheese, basil, and oregano.
- Simmer over low heat 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon half of topping onto each pie pre-baked crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.