Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make finger food for kids parties or nibbles before dinner. Recipe was given to me by my dad.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs sausages, about 18
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with splash of milk)
- Pre heat oven to 200'c (390F) and defrost pastry sheets in a single layer.
- De-skin sausages by slicing gently down the middle and peeling off the skin (this can be skipped if you are using bulk sausage meat).
- Spread 3 sausages on a sheet of pastry to the edges - leaving an edge on the top.
- Add a squeeze of tomato sauce or BBQ sauce on the sausage and sprinkle a bit of cheese on top.
- Brush egg wash on the esge and roll into sausage shape and wrap with plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to harden up.
- Repeat the above steps with the rest of the pastry and sausages, alternating the BBQ and tomato sauce for different flavours.
- Take the rolls out of the freezer and unwrap - cut into slices about 1cm wide (0.4in) and place on baking tray lined with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Brush each slice with eggwash and place trays in oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed up.