Easy to make finger food for kids parties or nibbles before dinner. Recipe was given to me by my dad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 200'c (390F) and defrost pastry sheets in a single layer.
- 2De-skin sausages by slicing gently down the middle and peeling off the skin (this can be skipped if you are using bulk sausage meat).
- 3Spread 3 sausages on a sheet of pastry to the edges - leaving an edge on the top.
- 4Add a squeeze of tomato sauce or BBQ sauce on the sausage and sprinkle a bit of cheese on top.
- 5Brush egg wash on the esge and roll into sausage shape and wrap with plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to harden up.
- 6Repeat the above steps with the rest of the pastry and sausages, alternating the BBQ and tomato sauce for different flavours.
- 7Take the rolls out of the freezer and unwrap - cut into slices about 1cm wide (0.4in) and place on baking tray lined with greaseproof/baking paper.
- 8Brush each slice with eggwash and place trays in oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed up.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (2195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 205.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g