Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from my Grandma. These are always a big hit at our family functions. Very easy to make, but so so good!
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Create dough with Bisquick mix and milk.
- On wax paper, roll out dough. Make it as close to a large thin square as possible (don't need to be perfect).
- Spread out sausage (uncooked) on dough. (it spreads easier if you put sausage in microwave for a 20 to 30 seconds).
- Start on one side and roll toward the other, creating a large log shape.
- (wrap up in wax paper and put a towel over it and place in the freezer for around 15 minutes if you want to slice easer. This is not necessary though).
- Slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Heaven in my mouth! I added cheese to the sausage and poured white gravy over them before serving. These are SO good!
My daughter in law made these for Thanksgiving weekend breakfast treats. I had to say, "Carrie, can you make another 50 of these treats for me to take home?"
These are pretty tasty. I have a recipe similar to this, it says to chill the dough for about 30 minutes before slicing. Thanks for an inexpensive but impressiving looking appetizer. Great for a brunch and for the kids!