Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
I found a recipe for a sausage kebab that I modified into a stir fry. It turned out really tasty. I hope you'll give it a try! The chutney & the pinepple give it a nice flavor. Although sausage is not usually a favorite of mine, I love this dish.
Top Review by kolleen1021
Very good, simply recipe. I was able to find some pre-cooked, low-fat chicken sausages at my grocery store. They had a bunch of flavors, but I made this with the Ginger Teriyaki flavor. Good choice! NOTE: We've also gotten creative and used other sweet Asian-style sauces to mix things up. This is very versatile.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips (or similar amount of mixed color baby peppers, if available)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 13 ounces cooked sausage, sliced about 3/4 inch thick (I used smoked chicken & mango from aidells)
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney, any large pieces chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion for 2-3 minutes, then add peppers and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, another 2-3 minutes, then add sausage.
- Stir fry on medium heat about 5 minutes, till sausage is browned, then add pineapple & cook another 2-3 minutes till sauce bubbles and reduces.
- Stir in mango chutney and cook another minute.
- Serve over rice.
- Or you could put the vegetables, pineapple& sausage on skewers, brush with the chutney& broil or grill.
- Note: I have also tried this with a chicken & apple sausage with good results.