Sausage & Peppers Ziti Marinara
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- BAKE sausage links in oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked. Cut sausages in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/2" slices. Result will be semi-circles of sausage. Set aside.
- SAUTE pepper slices in olive oil until their crispness is lost, but not soft.
- CHOP tomatoes or use a food processor on “pulse”; do not puree tomatoes.
- COMBINE chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Add sausage pieces and stir well.
- TRANSFER cooked, drained pasta to large serving platter. Top with sausage & pepper marinara mixture.
- GARNISH with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.