Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Family Circle. I couldn't find a similar recipe, but there are many other "Sausage & Peppers" dishes. This one is quick and easy, not to mention filling. This could be doubled.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 sweet Italian sausage links
- 3⁄4 cup instant polenta
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb assorted sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Bring milk and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling in a medium saucepan.
- Pierce sweet Italian sausages with a fork. Place in a 10-inch deep skillet and cook, covered, over medium-high heat until browned.
- Meanwhile stir instant polenta into boiling milk.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons EACH grated parm and butter.
- Pour polenta onto serving platter, spreading evenly.
- To sausages, add peppers and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over polenta and top with additional grated Parm.