Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family favorite especially on holidays or sporting events
Make and share this Sausage + Peppers With Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 5 large green peppers (sliced thin)
- 2 large Spanish onions (sliced thin)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup roasted onion and balsamic vinegar (ken's marinade)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (ken's marinade)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- In large sauce pot fry sausage in olive oil.
- remove when done and drain grease on paper towels.
- clean pot then melt butter and cook onions, peppers sliced in strips about 1/4 inch.
- When steamed add all other ingredients and simmer with sausages sliced to about 3/8 of inch for about 30 minutes.