Recipe by Pat McCardle
I got this recipe from my Sister.This is so easy, it's hard to believe how good it is.If you have ever been to an Italian Festival, this will bring back fond memories.
Top Review by rosella9
I cut the oil down to 1 Tablespoon, and added a little hot pepper flakes to the oil but other than that this was a super and great recipe. easy and very tasty. I served this over pasta the first time and the left overs were used as a bruschetta with parmesan cheese and toasted. Thank you very much Pat
- 1 lb Italian sausage, hot or sweet
- 3 lbs bell peppers
- 1 (35 ounce) canitalian crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a roasting pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Clean peppers, cut into strips& place in the pan.
- Cut sausage into 1 1/2 slices& put on top of the peppers.
- Pour the tomatoes over them.
- Sprinkle the oil and the rest of the ingredients over all.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake about an hour, stirring several times during the cooking.
- Serve in a dish or better yet, in sandwiches with crusty Italian bread or rolls.