Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my Sister.This is so easy, it's hard to believe how good it is.If you have ever been to an Italian Festival, this will bring back fond memories.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, hot or sweet
- 3 lbs bell peppers
- 1 (35 ounce) canitalian crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- Use a roasting pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Clean peppers, cut into strips& place in the pan.
- Cut sausage into 1 1/2 slices& put on top of the peppers.
- Pour the tomatoes over them.
- Sprinkle the oil and the rest of the ingredients over all.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake about an hour, stirring several times during the cooking.
- Serve in a dish or better yet, in sandwiches with crusty Italian bread or rolls.
I cut the oil down to 1 Tablespoon, and added a little hot pepper flakes to the oil but other than that this was a super and great recipe. easy and very tasty. I served this over pasta the first time and the left overs were used as a bruschetta with parmesan cheese and toasted. Thank you very much Pat
I like many things in this recipe; it's really easy, the ingredients are inexpensive, and the leftover tastes even better on sandwich the next day! DH found it a bit too oily, but Italian crusty bread would suck up all the "love". Next time I cook this, I will lessen the oil (spray with spam), and stir in some parmessan at the end. Thanks pat for the wonderful recipe!
So simple, yet so delicious.