What's not to love! My Italian Grandpa used to make these sandwiches, they were sooooo good. But they are even better on toasted garlic bread! Note: You can mix sweet and hot sausage, or all hot. Whatever flips your noodle!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, sliced into 4 inch rounds (keep frozen until ready to slice, makes it much easier to slice)
- 2 red peppers, washed, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 green bell peppers, washed, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the toasted garlic bread
- 1Put potatoes in pot of cold salted water over med/high heat. Bring to boil then cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In large deep saute pan over med heat, add sausage, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until sausage are golden brown stirring occasionally.
- 3Add peppers, onions, potatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 5For Garlic Bread:.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Heat a small sauce pan over med heat, add olive oil, butter and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat, add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- 9Spread the garlic mixture evenly on all sides the bread with a pastry brush or spoon. Put the halves together and wrap in aluminum foil.
- 10Place bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, open foil and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- 11Pile the sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes into the garlic bread and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Potato on Toasted Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.7
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 1457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning