Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 226.79 g Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped red pepper
- 2 (453.59 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml milk
- 591.47 ml KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 118.29 ml Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 680.38 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 118.29 ml water
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BROWN sausage with onions and peppers in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and milk in medium bowl with mixer until well blended. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan. Reserve 1-1/2 cups. Add remaining to cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- DRAIN sausage mixture; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce and oregano. Add 1/2 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Stir into meat sauce. Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and half the cream cheese mixture. Top with layers of 3 noodles, half the remaining meat sauce and 3 noodles. Cover with layers of remaining cream cheese mixture, noodles, meat sauce and reserved cheese. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 minute Let stand 15 minute before cutting to serve.
- Variation: Substitute extra-lean ground beef for the sausage and 1 thawed 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach for the peppers. Squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid before adding to cooked ground beef and onions with the spaghetti sauce and oregano.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 360 calories, 23g total fat, 13g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 16g protein, 20%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 30%DV calcium, 8%DV iron.
This was good. It wasn't very fussy to make although smearing the cream cheese mixture on top of the noodles was a bit messy for me. I never pre-cook my noodles, I always just use regular noodles, uncooked and they cook perfectly from all the sauce in the lasagna. I still love a traditional lasagna, but this is good if you are just wanting to try something different.