Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I had a bunch of ingredients here that I had to use before Sunday. This is what I did, for 2 meals.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper, sliced vertically
- 1 red pepper, sliced vertically
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper, to taste
for second night
- 12 ounces pasta sauce, bottled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat a pan on high heat.
- Add olive oil; coat pan.
- Add onions and cook until softened, 2 minutes. L lower heat, add mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring.
- Add peppers and sauté for 1-3 minutes; add herbs and seasonings.
- Meanwhile, with fork, pierce sausages on all sides, then cover with a sheet of wax paper in the microwave for 4 minutes per side, on high.
- Remove and slice into 1-inch slices.
- Add to pan with veggies; stir and serve on hoagie rolls or Italian bread.
- For second dinner:.
- Heat pasta sauce in microwave for 2-3 minutes, stir. Add veggies and sausage; simmer for 15 minutes covered (or place in a covered on the stovetop).
- Cook 12 oz of pasta of your choice and top with sauce, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, enjoy!
This was super easy and very very delicious! I made the 2nd night option and switched out the pasta sauce for diced tomatoes with garlic! Thanks for sharing!!!
Delicious quick meal and tonight I am making a pizza out of the left overs will write more later