Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lots of flavor in a very easy supper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut in strips
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced large
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In 12 inch skillet, heat oil and brown sausage.
- Remove from pan.
- Add peppers, potatoes, onion mix and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and simmer, covered 20 minutes.
- Return sausage and simmer another 5 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
I liked this very much. I only used 1 large potato and I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes first so that I could reduce the cooking time. I used half of the soup mix and half of the water. I don't think I used a whole pound of sausage. It ended up making about three servings or two large servings. Thanks for a speedy and yummy dish.
I was looking for something different to do with sausage and this was perfect! The kids both liked it and what was left we used the next morning to go with eggs for breakfast. The only change I made was to bake it in the oven for about an hour instead of doing it on the stove in a skillet. It worked out great and will be made again.
This was one of the first recipes I started using when I first got married. Very good!!!