Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
I started making this recipe as a cure for a craving i was having while pregnant. I still make it to this day. I will serve it over white rice sometimes to help "sop" up the grease from the dish. The dish doesn't need the addition of oil to cook the sausage and onions in because they give off their own juices as they start to cook down.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add onions, mushrooms and sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Saute until the onions are tender, but still firm.
- Add peppers and continue cooking until peppers are soft, but not mushy.
- Serve with a little butter mixed in if desired to add a little more richness to the dish.
WOW...what a wonderful, easy and inexpensive meal! Made this last night for dinner and my husband told me I outdid myself. Little does he know how simple it was to throw together. I forgot the mushrooms and added in some yellow bellpepper as well for extra color and the flavors just all blended so well with each other. I sauted my veggies in butter and it was great. I have leftovers sitting in the fridge...I can't wait for lunch! Thank you so much for a great recipe that I plan to make often!
WOW! is an understatement! Very fast, very easy. I also cook the white rice in chicken broth for added flavor. What a great meal. Thanks so much for sending this my way.
Excellent dish. Made it for lunch today. Only change was I added some chopped garlic just because we like garlic. Thanks for a great and easy dish.