Recipe by Doanique
This is a variation of my Grandmother's sausage and peppers recipe which my family affectionally calls "Junk". This is great served with a loaf of Italian bread.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
This was an easy comfort food recipe. DH really liked it. My potatoes didn't cook through until about 2.5 hours, so dinner had to wait a while. Next time I would use about half the oil called for in the recipe, just personal preference. I think a variation of this recipe would be delicious for breakfast, using breakfast sausage links and served with eggs. I loved the roasted flavor of this dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 -2 lb Italian sausage (hot or sweet, a good alternative is turkey sausage)
- 3 -4 bell peppers (any color or a combination of colors)
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 onions
- 4 potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (vary amount based on preference)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh oregano or dried oregano
- fresh parsley or dried parsley
- fresh basil or dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the italian sausage in 1 inch pieces.
- Mince garlic.
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut up the peppers, onions, mushrooms and potatoes in large chunks.
- Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs.
- Combine everything in a roasting pan or large casserole dish.
- Stir well to coat the vegetables and sausage.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for at least an hour.