Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like Italian Sausage....You'll love these hogies!!!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced
- 3 medium red peppers, sliced
- 3 lbs hot Italian sausage links (may use mild, it's just a matter of preference)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 italian hoagie rolls
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, about 15 minutes, turning every once in awhile.
- You want sausage to get nice and browned.
- While sausage is cooking heat oil in large fry pan.
- Add garlic, onions, and peppers.
- Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Then cover and simmer for another 10-15 minutes-- until all vegs.
- are tender.
- Remove sausage from skillet& drain on paper towels.
- Cut the links into 2" size pieces.
- Heat broiler.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and blend together well.
- Spoon into individual hogie rolls.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
Boca Pat, I do indeed love Italian sausages,(MILD ones) and this was a delicios and easy recipe.Thanks,Darlene
What a great lunch we had when I served this hogie! We loved the green pepper and onion combination with the Italian sausage! And the mozzarella cheese topping made it even better, if that's possible. Thanks for sharing this, Boca Pat. It was a real hit with both of us.