Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
We love quiche in my house, and sometimes dinner calls for a more hearty version. This one makes hubs happy!
- Remove casing from sausage and cook in a pan over medium heat until browned. Use a wooden spoon and crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain on a paper towel to remove any fat.
- In same pan, gently saute peppers and onions about 5 min until soft. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Again using same pan, heat olive oil and cook potato slices about 10 min to soften.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lay pie crust into pie pan and lay potato slices to cover bottom. Next add crumbled sausage, peppers and onions. Whisk together egg and milk and pour over top of mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve warm.