Cook1 hr 20 mins
The Italian herbs consists of thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano, basil, parsley, marjoram which you can mix as you like or buy store prepared mixes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large Dutch oven place peppers onions, sausage and bake covered for 1 hour.
- Place on stove top removing sausage and set aside.
- To the peppers and onions and juices (there will be lots of liquid) add the remaining ingredients and simmer till a thick consistency.
- Meanwhile slice sausage lengthwise.
- When sauce is to desired thickness and the sausage to reheat and serve over pasta or on a fresh roll.