Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Sausage, Pepper and Onion Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, vertically sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage, 2-4 oz links
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 loaf French bread, 8 oz, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 4 ounces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and green bell pepper strips, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Add crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spread sausage mixture evenly over cut sides of bread, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place bread halves on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each pizza in half.