Lizzie Rodriquez's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups onions, vertically sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage, 2-4 oz links
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 loaf French bread, 8 oz, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 4 ounces
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and green bell pepper strips, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- 3Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Add crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 4Spread sausage mixture evenly over cut sides of bread, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place bread halves on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each pizza in half.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage, Pepper and Onion Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 1575.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 34.0 g