Recipe by Dancer^
Well, Talk about pigs, I made this for the baseball game the other night and there wasn't even a crumb left.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
These sandwiches were very good; quick and easy to make for a weeknight supper. Very filling as well. Wasn't sure what the salad part of the recipe had to do with the sandwich. I served this with potato salad and fruit.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 lb mixed salad green
- 4 soft hoagie rolls, split
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut lengthwise
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- thousand island dressing or salad dressing, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In salad bowl, toss tomatoes and mixed salad greens; set aside.
- Place rolls on large serving plate.
- In large, nonstick skillet over high heat, crumble sausage; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until browned all over (sausage will be slightly undercooked).
- Remove to plate.
- To drippings in skillet, add bell peppers and onion; cook over high heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add water; cover with lid; cook 3 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- Add sausage; cook, uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, until sausage is fully cooked and water has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to bowl; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, using wooden spoon, cook eggs over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until set to desired doneness.
- Divide scrambled eggs among rolls.
- Spoon sausage mixture over top of each.
- Serve sandwiches with salad; pass dressing at table.