Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, no fuss meal with incredible flavor!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, sliced
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 3⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add sausage, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and red pepper.
- Sauté 5 minutes, add bell pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add spinach and broth; toss until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and mozzarella.
- Toss until cheese melts and sauce coats pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.