Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta with smoked sausage simmered in tomatoes and bell peppers. Yum!
Make and share this Sausage, Penne, and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in serving sizes
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Saute onion and peppers in oil.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add sausage and simmer covered about 20 minutes.
- While sausage and tomatoes are simmering, cook penne according to package directions.
- Add basil, parsley and penne to sausage mix and toss to combine.
Excellent! Easy to make, had great taste, I added small slices of yellow squash to it also and 2 kinds of sausage, it smelled so good, no one wanted to wait till it was done.~ thankyou
I loved this dish! It had an amazing flavour! instead of using three green peppers, I used one green and one red, and half a large red onion. I also used real garlic instead of garlic powder. This was a great dish, and I will make it often! Thanks so much princess buttercup!
A very tasty, easy to prepare dish. I didn't have any penne pasta so I used rotini, and only 2 peppers (mine were large). The next time I would fry the sausage first then add peppers and onions and stir fry. This would eliminate the need for olive oil but also let the meat brown which it does not fixed this way. Although still good fixed this way I just like the meat browned. I also used canned fire roasted diced tomatoes and the sugar puts a different twist to this dish which is good for a change. Makes a very good meal served with a salad and garlic bread. Thanks for posting.