Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My son and daughter-in-law got this recipe from a Campbells Cook Book. We all think it is great!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb honey garlic sausage or 1 lb mild Italian sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 -4 bell peppers (I used 2 red and 2 green)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta until al denta; drain.
- Remove sausage from casings and scramble fry.
- Remove the grease.
- Slice peppers and add to the sausage.
- Add 2 cans of tomato soup and 1 can of water.
- Add the basil and oregano.
- Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Add to cooked penne.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Very tasty and simple to make, I left out the peppers because I didn't have any, but made no other changes. My kids loved it, and that always makes me happy. Have made it twice now and will make it again.
This was a quick and easy dish that we just loved. It has become a staple on our menu of favourites. The kids just love it. 5 Stars in my book! Thanks Sharon in Ontario.
it smelled like pizza while cooking but I and my DH wasn't that impressed with the overall taste and look. It appears like someone just dumped a bottle of ketchup over it, I had to let it thicken for a while as well. Not a great taste because it tasted like tomato soup and you lost the other veg and sausages. We won't make this again, but I will use the pepper/sausage mix for pizza toppings!