Recipe by Lori Mama
Whenever we go to the farmers market in the big city, I have to have a sausage patty on a bun. Everything is fried, but I have tried to modify it a bit.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this as a breakfast sandwich, using breakfast sausage. Absolutely delicious! Next time I'll make my sausage patty smaller, because my sandwich was just too big for breakfast for me. Loved the onions....what a wonderful surprise! I used dijon mustard. Made for Holiday tag.
- 4 large lean pork sausage, any flavor
- 4 eggs
- 4 hamburger buns (I use the Italian type)
- 4 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Take sausage meat out of their casings and combine as one. Form 4 patties out of the meat.
- At this point you can decide whether to fry (no fat needed) in a pan, bbq or broil them. I usually bbq or broil. Cook until done.
- In the meantime sauté the sliced onions in the butter with sugar until soft and browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the eggs individually as you like them, breaking the yolks as you do. Flip and cook on other side.
- Toast the buns lightly. Place a patty on the bun, top with egg and onions.
- Add any condiments you like, however only mustard is required. I use the honey type.