Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Whenever we go to the farmers market in the big city, I have to have a sausage patty on a bun. Everything is fried, but I have tried to modify it a bit.
- Take sausage meat out of their casings and combine as one. Form 4 patties out of the meat.
- At this point you can decide whether to fry (no fat needed) in a pan, bbq or broil them. I usually bbq or broil. Cook until done.
- In the meantime sauté the sliced onions in the butter with sugar until soft and browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the eggs individually as you like them, breaking the yolks as you do. Flip and cook on other side.
- Toast the buns lightly. Place a patty on the bun, top with egg and onions.
- Add any condiments you like, however only mustard is required. I use the honey type.
I made this as a breakfast sandwich, using breakfast sausage. Absolutely delicious! Next time I'll make my sausage patty smaller, because my sandwich was just too big for breakfast for me. Loved the onions....what a wonderful surprise! I used dijon mustard. Made for Holiday tag.
DH and I shared this sandwich for lunch today, after which he informed me that he wants a whole one to himself for tomorrows lunch. It's so good! I used hot Italian sausage and made it into a long patty to fit a crusty bun. I also used honey mustard on the bottom of the toasted bun and mayo on the top one. I will make this again, most definately. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
This was definitely something different for me, but very tasty! I used turkey sausage patties, toasted whole wheat sandwich buns, and a maple mustard. The onions were fantastic! I will definitely make these again. Made for Holiday Tag Game.