Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in my mothers cook book and took it to church today. My pot of stew was gone before the pot of vegetable beef soup was.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb sweet Italian sausage link, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta, dry
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained
- Cook onion, sausage, and garlic til brown, drain off fat.
- Add water, tomatoes, sugar & seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat and cook and stir 8-11 minutes.
- Stir in Broccoli and beans.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on a low simmer.