Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I made up this recipe and hope you like it as much as we did. I used a spicy cajun andoulle sausage but you could use your favorite.
- 453.59 g smoked sausage
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 411.06 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce or 226.79 g can tomato puree
- 1419.54 ml beef broth or 1419.54 ml beef stock
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml uncooked desired pasta
- 425.24 g canyour favorite beans
- 236.59 ml diced zucchini
- In large skillet, combine sausage, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Put into large soup pot and add remaining ingredients except pasta, beans and zucchini. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add pasta, beans and zucchini and simmer another 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Delicious soup! My family enjoyed this last night with grilled cheese sandwiches. My son (7 yrs.) kept saying over and over how good the soup was! I used a ring of Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, Great Northern white beans, and mini penne for the pasta. I added some extra spices-Emeril's Essence, a little sugar, 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes and a bay leaf. I sauteed chopped carrots with the onion, garlic, bell pepper, as I can't seem to make a soup without carrots-lol! I chopped some yellow summer squash along with the zucchini, fresh minced parsley and I threw in some frozen cut green beans. I loved that you can cook the noodles right in the soup and there is still plenty of broth! I don't care for thicker soups , I love broth, so this was a perfect! A very easy and yummy recipe and it leaves alot of room to add or leave out whatever you want! This will be a definite do over-very economical too! Thanks for the recipe, Lunchmeat!
Hi Lunchmeat! First of all, I would like to thank you for the lovely 5-star review of my Chicken Waldorf Salad. I am so glad you enjoyed it. To show my appreciation, I made this one and boy am I glad I did. It has been really cold and this soup was just what we needed. Great comfort food at its best. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfect. Thanks so much for sharing it, I can't wait to make it again.
Really simple and easy soup to put together. I used sweet italian sausage, white beans and shell pasta. Loved the flavor the sausage gave to the soup. Thanks for a great dinner!!