Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a very large dish. The best pasta to use with this is rigatoni. I make my own marinara, the recipe is posted.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄4 lbs rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated for garnish (optional)
- Brown sausage in 2 T olive oil. Set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup marinara for garnish.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven add 1 1/2 cups marinara with remaining olive oil. Heat thoroughly.
- Add garlic, sage, and oregano and cream.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses and cook until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sausage and pasta, stir to incorporate.
- Add 1 cup marinara and mix.
- Put into serving dish and make a well in center.
- Pour reserved marinara into center and garnish with parmesean cheese.
I make something similar but without the cream and fontina. I like this version and will make again.