Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A delicious dish with orecchiette pasta, sausage and mushrooms. Recipe from Family Circle.
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package white mushrooms or 1 (10 ounce) package brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, torn up
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook pasta as package directs.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- If necessary, break large pieces apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in wine, reserved pasta water and black pepper.
- Stir in basil.
- Remove from heat; toss with pasta and cheese.
- Note: For perfect pasta every time, for 1 pound of dried pasta, bring at least 6 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add all of the pasta.
- With wooden spoon, stir once or twice to prevent sticking.
- Check at suggested time; if cooked properly, there will be no white inside.
Delicious flavor, quick and easy to make for a work night or when you are feeling less labor intensive! Great meal we will repeat soon!! I made as directed except used sliced jalepeno Aidell's sausages. YUM! Thanks for another keeper, Lainey!!!
Super good. I used sliced sauteed zucchini as I didnt have mushrooms. SO good I wouldn't change it. Fast and restaurant quality results. Good instructions.
A tasty and easy to prepare meal. Zero tolerance of anything hot and spicy, so I used my favourite gourmet chicken and chive sausages and added some minced garlic and thyme towards the end of step 5. Otherwise, I made this exactly to the recipe and wouldn't want to change a thing. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, Lainey. Made for Gimme 5.