Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very easy and tasty bread. Add a salad and this makes a great light Sunday night supper. Found this recipe in our local newspaper.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb pizza dough
- For sausage bread:.
- Fry sausage and onions together in a medium skillet.
- Roll pizza dough out.
- Spread sausage, cheeses and parsley onto dough.
- Roll Jelly roll style on the long side.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until dough is golden brown.
- For Spinach Bread:.
- Substitute 1 package frozen spinach cooked and drained for the sausage.
- Add black pepper to the remaining ingredients and follow same directions as above.