1/1 Photo of Sausage or Beef S. O. S. (Stuff on a Shingle)
Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
After 32 years in the military, I have become quite fond of S.O.S.. I'm the cook in our house, but I get breakfast cooked for me twice a year (my birthday and anniversary). My request is always the same--S.O.S. This is my wife's recipe--I love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the ground beef or sausage, drain and set aside. Be sure to season the ground beef with a little salt and pepper.
- 2Melt butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir till butter/flour mixture is bubbly.
- 3Add milk, salt, and pepper.
- 4Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- 5Add meat and stir.
- 6Serve over whole wheat toast. Great over biscuits as well.
- 7Note: For an evening meal substitute chipped beef.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage or Beef S. O. S. (Stuff on a Shingle)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.8
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 1600.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 30.1 g