This is from 365 Low-fat dishes. You can use either hot or sweet sausage. It’s up to you
Make and share this Sausage Onion and Pepper Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 453.59 g Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 1 pizza crust
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 500. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage and flatten with a spoon. Cook over medium high heat, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon into small pieces, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Drain sausage on paper towels. Wipe out skillet if necessary.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium high heat. Add green and red bell peppers, onion and garlic. Coat vegetables lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano and pepper flakes.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust. Top with vegetable mixture. Dot with sausages and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Bake pizza for about 12 minutes, until crust is golden. Slide pizza onto a large cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve.
Good; however, I've got to have melty cheese on pizza. I used slices of tomato in place of the tomato sauce to cut fat, so I could add the cheese.
Yummo. I scaled this down to serve one, and used a flat-out bread as the crust. I used low-fat parmesan to reduce the fat even a bit further. Very good. Thanks!