1/1 Photo of Sausage Onion and Pepper Pizza
This is from 365 Low-fat dishes. You can use either hot or sweet sausage. It’s up to you
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 500. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage and flatten with a spoon. Cook over medium high heat, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon into small pieces, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Drain sausage on paper towels. Wipe out skillet if necessary.
- 3Coat skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium high heat. Add green and red bell peppers, onion and garlic. Coat vegetables lightly with cooking spray.
- 4Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano and pepper flakes.
- 5Spread tomato sauce over crust. Top with vegetable mixture. Dot with sausages and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- 6Bake pizza for about 12 minutes, until crust is golden. Slide pizza onto a large cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Onion and Pepper Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 1395.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: