Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
As good as the title is gross. My mum has made this for Christmas as long as i can remember and longer. I did not really like it as a kid but you kind of really grow into it. You may use whatever nuts or nut mixture you want, this year i used almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and coconut which turned out great and looks very festive.
- 150 g chocolate
- 150 g walnuts, ground
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 50 g coconut, shredded
- 50 g candied orange
- 20 g confectioners' sugar
- Melt the chocolate.
- Put all the other ingredients, except the sugar into a bowl.
- Pour the chocolate over the nuts and stir well.
- Put the sugar on you working space and put the mixture (it should be soft but not running) on to it. Form a "sausage" by turning it round and round in the sugar.
- Put in the fridge to cool completely, cut into thin slices and enjoy.
This one was a little hard for me to work with, but I think it came out okay. I did not use the candied orange, wasn't sure what this was...I had a hard time with the instructions and conversions, but did my best and came out with a chocolate sausage that I really enjoyed. Thanks Iceland, I will work on this one!! Made for FALL 2008 PAC.